June 13, 2019
- Summer Reading 2019 & Supply List 2019/2020 by Grade: http://www.davidfairchild.net/?page_id=2326
May 20, 2019
- Fathering in 15 is an interactive, online tool developed by the National Fatherhood Initiative that helps build the knowledge, attitudes, and skills of fathers through 15 online modules.
- Each module can be completed in 15 minutes, and covers the following 15 topics: Family History, Being a Man and Dad, Handling Emotions, Grief and Loss, Your Health, You and Mom, Talking with Mom, Co-Parenting, Fathering Skills, Child Development, Child Discipline, Sexuality, Intimacy, Work-Family Balance, and Managing Money.
- Visit https://www.engagemiamidade.net/fathering-in-15 to access the online tool, which is offered in both English and Spanish.
- Schools are encouraged to add the attached graphic and link above to their school website to promote the online learning experience.
April 15, 2019
Dear Parents, the School District Wellness Policy as of 2018 is now posted for your review.
DOWNLOAD HERE FOR POLICY DETAILS (PDF) Wellness_Policy_2018
September 6, 2018
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support our wonderful school every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to David Fairchild Elementary.
How much of my purchase does Amazon donate?
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges. From time to time, we may offer special, limited time promotions that increase the donation amount on one or more products or services or provide for additional donations to charitable organizations. Special terms and restrictions may apply. Please see the relevant promotion for complete details.
How Does it Work?
1. Visit smile.amazon.com.
The entire shopping experience is the same and most products available on amazon.com are available at Amazon Smile.
2. Sign in and Search for Fairchild Elementary School PTA
The screen will look slightly different depending on whether you’re already signed in to Amazon. If you’re already signed in, you’ll see a screen like the one below. Simply search for “Fairchild Elementary School PTA” or the charity of your choice and proceed to step 3.
If you’re not signed in, enter your email and password. Then proceed to step 3.
3. Select “Fairchild Elementary School PTA.”
After signing in, search for “Fairchild Elementary School PTA”. You will be given a list of possible matches. Select the charity of your choice to continue.
Once selected, you will receive an email confirmation and you can begin shopping.
4. Begin shopping!
Once you’ve selected your charity everything else functions the same. Shop for your favorite products or the perfect gift. Most products are eligible on Amazon Smile–if not, you’ll be notified. You can checkout normally as well. No extra cost is passed onto you–Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to David Fairchild Elementary!
5. Share with your friends
After you’ve successfully completed a purchase on Amazon Smile you can share the news with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or via email. This option appears on the confirmation page after your order is complete.
August 22, 2018
Miami-Dade County Public Schools’ Department of Mental Health Services coordinates District and community resources in an effort to deliver evidence-based mental health service and treatment for M-DCPS students. Mental health challenges among children and adolescents can bring serious changes to the way they typically learn, behave, or handle their emotions, which in turn can cause distress and challenges in getting through the day. M-DCPS is here to help.
To learn more click here.